Cupramine and Prime question?

Carla2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be housing black mollies in a tank for 2-3 days for them to settle down before acclimating them to saltwater. The tank was recently used for Cupramine treatment (19 days), after which I cleaned it with vinegar and since then it has been sitting dry and empty. As this is freshwater I must use tap water and Prime. Do you think it's possible for a minute amount of Cupramine to leach back from the silicone into the water to be reduced by Prime to get toxic?

Thanks!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be housing black mollies in a tank for 2-3 days for them to settle down before acclimating them to saltwater. The tank was recently used for Cupramine treatment (19 days), after which I cleaned it with vinegar and since then it has been sitting dry and empty. As this is freshwater I must use tap water and Prime. Do you think it's possible for a minute amount of Cupramine to leach back from the silicone into the water to be reduced by Prime to get toxic?

Thanks!
A minute amount of leached amount should be fine.

OP
OP
C

Carla2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks 4FordFamily!
This is my first time getting mollies, so I just didn't want to kill them for a stupid reason ;Drowning

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back