Cupramine and Prime question?

Carla2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2017
Messages
55
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be housing black mollies in a tank for 2-3 days for them to settle down before acclimating them to saltwater. The tank was recently used for Cupramine treatment (19 days), after which I cleaned it with vinegar and since then it has been sitting dry and empty. As this is freshwater I must use tap water and Prime. Do you think it's possible for a minute amount of Cupramine to leach back from the silicone into the water to be reduced by Prime to get toxic?

Thanks!
 
I'll be housing black mollies in a tank for 2-3 days for them to settle down before acclimating them to saltwater. The tank was recently used for Cupramine treatment (19 days), after which I cleaned it with vinegar and since then it has been sitting dry and empty. As this is freshwater I must use tap water and Prime. Do you think it's possible for a minute amount of Cupramine to leach back from the silicone into the water to be reduced by Prime to get toxic?

Thanks!
A minute amount of leached amount should be fine.
 
Thanks 4FordFamily!
This is my first time getting mollies, so I just didn't want to kill them for a stupid reason ;Drowning
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new