Curing Pukani

  • Thread starter Thread starter scottkel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scottkel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
Goodlettsville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have soaked to rehydrate the rock and just placed the rock in a vinegar water bath (4g water, 2g vinegar).

My question is - how long should I soak in the vinegar mix?

My next step will be soaking in fresh water and adding Seaklear as necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
I had mine in the mix for about 24 hrs. with a couple of old PH's. Afterwards I hosed it all off, let it dry and placed it in a container with freshly made SW, and let it cure.
 
Next question - how did everyone dose Seaklear?

I have the rock in a separate Rubbermaid bin with FW right now with about 10-12g to cover the rock. I added a capful of the LC last night.

Should I just continue adding the LC (Seaklear) when phosphates rise? Or do I need to empty the bin everyday and fill with new water?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new