Curve 5 elite skimmer help

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help with my Curve 5 Elite skimmer. When I first turned it on and closed the valve to close to minimum it was overflowing. I couldn't find a setting that barely skimmed so I turned it a little below overflowing and left it running for a few days. It skimmed very wet for a bit as there was some water i nthe cup but not enough to over flow. I tried adjusting it tonight and cannot get it to skim or overflow unless I restrict the air intake. I tried adjust the water depth in the skimmer section of the wate from 7.5 to 9 inches and could not get the skimmer to overflow without impeding the air intake. Any suggestions?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep opening the valve up more. If it doesn’t collect anything in the first 24 hours that’s fine. As long as it gets something within 48 hours, that’s a good setting.

OP
OP
J

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep opening the valve up more. If it doesn’t collect anything in the first 24 hours that’s fine. As long as it gets something within 48 hours, that’s a good setting.

I've tried adjusting the valve from fully closed to fully open. The closest it gets to skimming is 3.5-4 inches from the top of the pipe with the valve closed. The further I open the valve the lower the tops of the bubbles get in the skimmer body.

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help with my Curve 5 Elite skimmer. When I first turned it on and closed the valve to close to minimum it was overflowing. I couldn't find a setting that barely skimmed so I turned it a little below overflowing and left it running for a few days. It skimmed very wet for a bit as there was some water i nthe cup but not enough to over flow. I tried adjusting it tonight and cannot get it to skim or overflow unless I restrict the air intake. I tried adjust the water depth in the skimmer section of the wate from 7.5 to 9 inches and could not get the skimmer to overflow without impeding the air intake. Any suggestions?
I had the same problem for the first couple of weeks when it was new. I find that when I have the water level at about 6.5 inches it works like a charm. I added a cushion of very course weave rigid “foam” to get the water level low enough. I keep intending to print a stand for it but have not gotten around to it.

OP
OP
J

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seemed like the bubbles got further up the neck of the skimmer as the water got deeper, but I'll give a lower water level a try in the morning.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back