OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The linking part would be easy. The issue is in the way the controllers work in relation to the LED arrays. Identical control signals sent to a Kessil AP700 would provide different intensity and spectrum than if the same signal was sent to an A360. Its not that they couldn't do it, they just assume people would want their lighting to match.

I can under stand that. No big deal. Worst come to worst I program all the lights individually to run the same schedule. Would just be a pain when I wanted to change something. I will link the 360’s together and the 700’s together.
-Zack

surgeon1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just in case you are still looking at tank builders you might want to look at custom aquariums. https://www.customaquariums.com/
they are at least somewhat local to you and have built tanks in the size range of yours and considerably bigger. I do not own a tank from them but have been in the design phase of a 12x6x4 foot build for a planted tank for about a year now. I have been to the shop and they seem to know what they are doing. if nothing else it is worth a look. looking forward to this build.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just in case you are still looking at tank builders you might want to look at custom aquariums. https://www.customaquariums.com/
they are at least somewhat local to you and have built tanks in the size range of yours and considerably bigger. I do not own a tank from them but have been in the design phase of a 12x6x4 foot build for a planted tank for about a year now. I have been to the shop and they seem to know what they are doing. if nothing else it is worth a look. looking forward to this build.

I will definitely take a look! Where are they located?

-Zack.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have emails out to:
Crystal Dynamics
Reef Savvy
LFS

We shall wait and see. It sounds like this is going to be a project finding someone who wants to build this.
-Zack

HippieSmell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the idea. Did you hit the Powerball?

Haha that’s what I keep saying to myself. If you take advantage of living at home and working while your young, you can like away ALOT of cash.
-Zack

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check them out @surgeon1!
As for the build. Everything is at a stand still. Waiting for quotes from everyone yet.

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy, I’m in the process of planning a 400+ gallon drop off now. 72x30x30 with a 30x30x48 drop off.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.4%
Back