Custom 525 Gallon Drop-off tank?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sitting here and wondered if I was able to link all of these Kessils together? So does anyone know if I can link 12 A360WE and 2 AP700 kessils to run on 1 controller? Maybe VIA Apex or the Kessil Controller?

-Zack. #Reefsquad @Terrance @BRS @Brew12

HEY KOOLAIDE!

;)

OH YA!!

You can connect as many
A360, A160, A80 as you want via the link cables and mix and match as you please, but to my knowledge you cannot combine the pendant style lights and the Ap700. The ap700 is internally controlled via the kessil WiFi app only, and cannot be controlled by the apex, spectral controller, or any external controller. whereas the pendant style lights are controlled via the spectral controller or apex or reef keeper or any 0-10 volt external controller, and then daisy chain them together. You can, however, control multiple ap700s together in the one app by creating a master/ slave relationship with them.

Shabalaba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was sitting here and wondered if I was able to link all of these Kessils together? So does anyone know if I can link 12 A360WE and 2 AP700 kessils to run on 1 controller? Maybe VIA Apex or the Kessil Controller?

I believe the 360s will daisy chain together, right? Couldn't say much about everything on one controller though as i have no idea

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH YA!!

You can connect as many
A360, A160, A80 as you want via the link cables and mix and match as you please, but to my knowledge you cannot combine the pendant style lights and the Ap700. The ap700 is internally controlled via the kessil WiFi app only, and cannot be controlled by the apex, spectral controller, or any external controller. whereas the pendant style lights are controlled via the spectral controller or apex or reef keeper or any 0-10 volt external controller, and then daisy chain them together. You can, however, control multiple ap700s together in the one app by creating a master/ slave relationship with them.
Nice!

I’d go SBreeflight and an apex personally. (They have a new cannon too)

SB coolaide.
1EBA81B9-8137-4B27-B362-3BE51DF59522.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

I’d go SBreeflight and an apex personally. (They have a new cannon too)

SB coolaide.
1EBA81B9-8137-4B27-B362-3BE51DF59522.jpeg
Looks more like a pitcher of vodka (which id gladly take at this point in my life)

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD is in my neck of the woods. I have 3 buddies who have tanks by them. They look great. Definitely a solid build. However make sure u add an extra month to their time frame for the build. Also the 4’ dropoff section isn’t big enough for a gurnard. They reaches sizes of 16-18” and knock everything over. Awesome fish but too big for your tank as a Reef. Would love to see this build happen though

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD is in my neck of the woods. I have 3 buddies who have tanks by them. They look great. Definitely a solid build. However make sure u add an extra month to their time frame for the build. Also the 4’ dropoff section isn’t big enough for a gurnard. They reaches sizes of 16-18” and knock everything over. Awesome fish but too big for your tank as a Reef. Would love to see this build happen though

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can connect them all on the same controller, just not all on the same cable. Each style of light would need its own 0-10V connection.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question does is this a bounce mushroom?

Looks like a Ricordea yuma to me - you might want to post your question in the Mushrooms and Corallimorphs subforum though, to get more - and more experienced - eyes on it.

~Bruce

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jasonw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya if drop off wall you put a mp40 then watch out the eel might get hit into the propeller. For my experience you need a wave at bottom of dropoff to steer up dirt on the sand bed. My mistake I make my drop off box too small and also limited space on my hall. The fish will loved hanging around on the deep part.

OP
OP
Zack K

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input!
Salty, I went with kessils because they can penetrate 4’ deep and the shimmer is amazing. I know you like the SB’s[emoji23]
@d-man this is true. I had a little gurnard long time ago and they do get big, I would get either eels or the gurnard not both.
Crabs, I will probably kill me the 2 700’s together and run the same lighting schedule program on all of the other 360’s. Thanks for the help! Kind of weird Kessil won’t let you link the 700’s with their other lights.

-Zack

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input!
Salty, I went with kessils because they can penetrate 4’ deep and the shimmer is amazing. I know you like the SB’s[emoji23]
@d-man this is true. I had a little gurnard long time ago and they do get big, I would get either eels or the gurnard not both.
Crabs, I will probably kill me the 2 700’s together and run the same lighting schedule program on all of the other 360’s. Thanks for the help! Kind of weird Kessil won’t let you link the 700’s with their other lights.

-Zack
From what I understand, this is something they're working on. I believe they are also working on apex compatibility. But we probably won't hear anything for quite some time.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of weird Kessil won’t let you link the 700’s with their other lights.
The linking part would be easy. The issue is in the way the controllers work in relation to the LED arrays. Identical control signals sent to a Kessil AP700 would provide different intensity and spectrum than if the same signal was sent to an A360. Its not that they couldn't do it, they just assume people would want their lighting to match.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back