Custom 525 Gallon Drop-off tank?

The linking part would be easy. The issue is in the way the controllers work in relation to the LED arrays. Identical control signals sent to a Kessil AP700 would provide different intensity and spectrum than if the same signal was sent to an A360. Its not that they couldn't do it, they just assume people would want their lighting to match.

I can under stand that. No big deal. Worst come to worst I program all the lights individually to run the same schedule. Would just be a pain when I wanted to change something. I will link the 360’s together and the 700’s together.
-Zack
 
just in case you are still looking at tank builders you might want to look at custom aquariums. https://www.customaquariums.com/
they are at least somewhat local to you and have built tanks in the size range of yours and considerably bigger. I do not own a tank from them but have been in the design phase of a 12x6x4 foot build for a planted tank for about a year now. I have been to the shop and they seem to know what they are doing. if nothing else it is worth a look. looking forward to this build.
 
just in case you are still looking at tank builders you might want to look at custom aquariums. https://www.customaquariums.com/
they are at least somewhat local to you and have built tanks in the size range of yours and considerably bigger. I do not own a tank from them but have been in the design phase of a 12x6x4 foot build for a planted tank for about a year now. I have been to the shop and they seem to know what they are doing. if nothing else it is worth a look. looking forward to this build.

I will definitely take a look! Where are they located?

-Zack.
 
So I have emails out to:
Crystal Dynamics
Reef Savvy
LFS

We shall wait and see. It sounds like this is going to be a project finding someone who wants to build this.
-Zack
 
Love the idea. Did you hit the Powerball?

Haha that’s what I keep saying to myself. If you take advantage of living at home and working while your young, you can like away ALOT of cash.
-Zack
 
I will have to check them out @surgeon1!
As for the build. Everything is at a stand still. Waiting for quotes from everyone yet.
 
Crazy, I’m in the process of planning a 400+ gallon drop off now. 72x30x30 with a 30x30x48 drop off.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new