Custom (Chat)GPT for Beginner Reef Hobbyists

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

To those who are interested, OpenAI released a new feature called custom GPTs where users can create tools for specific purposes. I figured I would try my hand at creating one for beginners getting started in the reef hobby!

If you are a new hobbyist using this tool, PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION! At the moment, this is only a fun tool and may present false information. So please verify from a trusted source.

I believe you need a paid subscription to use it at this time.

If you'd like to try it out, please do so here: https://chat.openai.com/g/g-ZMQaBDJce-reef-hobbyist-mentor

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

To those who are interested, OpenAI released a new feature called custom GPTs where users can create tools for specific purposes. I figured I would try my hand at creating one for beginners getting started in the reef hobby!

If you are a new hobbyist using this tool, PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION! At the moment, this is only a fun tool and may present false information. So please verify from a trusted source.

I believe you need a paid subscription to use it at this time.

If you'd like to try it out, please do so here: https://chat.openai.com/g/g-ZMQaBDJce-reef-hobbyist-mentor

I tested ChatGPT at diagnosing/treating fish diseases, it didn't work very well because there is such a visual component to the initial diagnosis:

Jay

OP
OP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you didn't have to pay for it.
I also wish it didn't put false info but chat got is still really cool.
with this new feature, there are ways to prioritize certain data as a way to limit wrong info. for example, if you like BRS TV, there could be a way to auto transcribe their best videos, then feed the GPT this info in text format and have it primarily reference that data when answering questions.

Lots of options and its going to be cool to see how it evolves.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
with this new feature, there are ways to prioritize certain data as a way to limit wrong info. for example, if you like BRS TV, there could be a way to auto transcribe their best videos, then feed the GPT this info in text format and have it primarily reference that data when answering questions.

Lots of options and its going to be cool to see how it evolves.
I wouldn't use BRS as a first source. Their job is to sell gadgets that you probably don't need. Take their videos as a starting point for research. Usually you will find them trying to sell you a solution to a problem that was caused from a different gadget that they sold you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back