You can’t even see them either.

B38AF87F-DBAB-4EA6-9A2A-B7EB5E4BCB46.jpeg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. I think they are used more on fully rimless tanks to help increase strength since there’s no frame anywhere
Hi. Planning to order a Planet tank soon; you mention trimless and rimless... I assumed these terms were interchangeable. Can you explain the difference? TY!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not.
Well, come on over. A lot of locals. Forum is slow, but there’s always events going on. I don’t attend much, because I’m always so busy and I’m more of a minute by minute person that doesn’t like to make plans unless it is something that is really unique.

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for you!! What made you decide on a eurobrace? Just didn't want completely rimless, or other reasons?
Really three reasons for the euro brace. One – I’m a big fan of how tanks look framed and all four corners and the top. It just looks neither to me. Two - some people complain that rimless tanks end up splashing more water when cleaning them. Three Dash I’ll probably put a net top on the tank but I had a theory that when jumpers fly out of the tank it’s usually because they are zooming up the sides of the glass. If there’s a glass edge on top they may be more likely to bounce off of it back into the tank. Also as much as I don’t like the looks of an internal overflow I like the simplicity. I cringe it thinking about ever having to go halfway to the back of a tank to mess around with plumbing. It’s offset to the right back because of where I’m putting the tank - That’s really a part of the tank that won’t be viewed very much.

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really three reasons for the euro brace. One – I’m a big fan of how tanks look framed and all four corners and the top. It just looks neither to me. Two - some people complain that rimless tanks end up splashing more water when cleaning them. Three Dash I’ll probably put a net top on the tank but I had a theory that when jumpers fly out of the tank it’s usually because they are zooming up the sides of the glass. If there’s a glass edge on top they may be more likely to bounce off of it back into the tank. Also as much as I don’t like the looks of an internal overflow I like the simplicity. I cringe it thinking about ever having to go halfway to the back of a tank to mess around with plumbing. It’s offset to the right back because of where I’m putting the tank - That’s really a part of the tank that won’t be viewed very much.
Sorry meant to say neater rather than neither but that’s because I was dictating Siri and she’s so silly

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt you have to go slower cleaning a rimless around the top, but I’ll do it to get the clean look.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The euro brace limits how you mount lights though... I have tank mounts right now. While I agree with your reasons (especially the "framed" aesthetic), I will probably end up going with rimless or a traditional trim.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The euro brace limits how you mount lights though... I have tank mounts right now. While I agree with your reasons (especially the "framed" aesthetic), I will probably end up going with rimless or a traditional trim.
It also puts your wavemaker power cords 3-4” out in the water column if you don’t have Vortech’s. That euro brace isn’t the greatest thing to have. I’d much prefer my cords to exit up the glass and out the back.

So if anybody orders a euro braced tank, make sure to have them cut holes for your cords to exit in the back or wherever is best for you. :)

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also puts your wavemaker power cords 3-4” out in the water column if you don’t have Vortech’s. That euro brace isn’t the greatest thing to have. I’d much prefer my cords to exit up the glass and out the back.

So if anybody orders a euro braced tank, make sure to have them cut holes for your cords to exit in the back or wherever is best for you. :)
Vortechs for me for sure.

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put lights mounts on the wall or the sides of the stand. Traditionally I have used a "top hat" - sort of a less wide from front to back hood on the tank with MH's and a superactinic LED bar angled from the front to the back. I am leaning to the new Icon's since they don't blind you like the Ecotech lights do.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put lights mounts on the wall or the sides of the stand. Traditionally I have used a "top hat" - sort of a less wide from front to back hood on the tank with MH's and a superactinic LED bar angled from the front to the back. I am leaning to the new Icon's since they don't blind you like the Ecotech lights do.
@mandarin417 , How is this tank coming along?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back