Custom Suits?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a positive experience with getting custom suits made? I did a custom shirt once online and it was awful. I'm considering going to a tailor in Philadelphia (Enzo's). Anyone have someone they like?

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few MTM Samuelsohn suits. The head office for the company that I work for is in Montreal, so I've gotten them when traveling up there. Saves a few hundred bucks vs. prices in the US. Turn around time is about 5-6 weeks. I personally wouldn't do anything online when looking to spend that kid of money on a suit.

Other than that I just wait for BB 1818 suits to go on sale and pick up two of them for 1200 or so. I like these for day to day use.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an interesting idea. I'm in Canada once every 6 weeks or so. I can plan an extra couple of hours and hit a Harry Rosen for measurements. With the dollar trading 30% higher than the Canadian dollar, that could be a good way to save some cash... What does a MTM Samuehsohn run?

I've never tried any Brooks Brothers clothes, might be worth a look there too.

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on the fabric that you go with, but they will start around 1200 or so. I want to say the one I got last year was right around 1700.

For the Brooks Brothers they usually put on sales after Christmas and sometime around March.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, luckily throughout my career I have not had to wear them on a daily basis.....business casual for me fortunately.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to go with Enzo's. First one should be back in 4-6 weeks. Wound up spending more than I expected, but I think they'll be great.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back