Custom Suits?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
7,296
Reaction score
6,388
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a positive experience with getting custom suits made? I did a custom shirt once online and it was awful. I'm considering going to a tailor in Philadelphia (Enzo's). Anyone have someone they like?
 
I have a few MTM Samuelsohn suits. The head office for the company that I work for is in Montreal, so I've gotten them when traveling up there. Saves a few hundred bucks vs. prices in the US. Turn around time is about 5-6 weeks. I personally wouldn't do anything online when looking to spend that kid of money on a suit.

Other than that I just wait for BB 1818 suits to go on sale and pick up two of them for 1200 or so. I like these for day to day use.
 
That's an interesting idea. I'm in Canada once every 6 weeks or so. I can plan an extra couple of hours and hit a Harry Rosen for measurements. With the dollar trading 30% higher than the Canadian dollar, that could be a good way to save some cash... What does a MTM Samuehsohn run?

I've never tried any Brooks Brothers clothes, might be worth a look there too.
 
It all depends on the fabric that you go with, but they will start around 1200 or so. I want to say the one I got last year was right around 1700.

For the Brooks Brothers they usually put on sales after Christmas and sometime around March.
 
I buy mine at JC Penney's for roughly $200 :)
Haha. Well I started there too but with daily wear those suits don't hold up terribly well.
 
Yeah, luckily throughout my career I have not had to wear them on a daily basis.....business casual for me fortunately.
 
Decided to go with Enzo's. First one should be back in 4-6 weeks. Wound up spending more than I expected, but I think they'll be great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new