Customer Service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is RedSea customer service a total joke? Has anyone else had communication issues with them? I'm honestly on the fence of never using another RedSea product again. Definitely would never purchase their tanks but contemplating never using ANY of their products again including their salt, additives, and equipment. First time I've ever had to deal with their customer service and its been nothing short of terrible. I love their additives but their customer service is going to be the reason I advocate to stay away from them.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name a company in this country that has a good costumer service now days? Everyone is short staff, trying to multitask. Over covid period, I have had twice as hard time to get answers with any company I ever called

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to your experience, but I had two minor warranty issues that Red Sea resolved within 24-48 hours of contacting them and had replacement parts FedEx'd out within a few days. They've also been great about sourcing spare parts.

I'm up in Canada, so not sure if that makes any difference or not - but they've been excellent so far.

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name a company in this country that has a good costumer service now days? Everyone is short staff, trying to multitask. Over covid period, I have had twice as hard time to get answers with any company I ever called
BRS has exceptional customer service even with covid supply issues. I can name a few companies actually that still have excellent customer service.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is RedSea customer service a total joke? Has anyone else had communication issues with them? I'm honestly on the fence of never using another RedSea product again. Definitely would never purchase their tanks but contemplating never using ANY of their products again including their salt, additives, and equipment. First time I've ever had to deal with their customer service and its been nothing short of terrible. I love their additives but their customer service is going to be the reason I advocate to stay away from them.
Just out of curiosity, what was the issue? If it's not warranty-related, perhaps someone on R2R can help?

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak to your experience, but I had two minor warranty issues that Red Sea resolved within 24-48 hours of contacting them and had replacement parts FedEx'd out within a few days. They've also been great about sourcing spare parts.

I'm up in Canada, so not sure if that makes any difference or not - but they've been excellent so far.
Warranty might be different subject. Also like you said being in Canada could also be another factor

OP
OP
Funston07

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, what was the issue? If it's not warranty-related, perhaps someone on R2R can help?
For a bucket of coral pro salt and all 3 elements were mixing low, way lower than advertised on the bucket and their acceptable range on their mybatch support. Went to do a WC and the mag was at 980ppt. I had to add over 400ml of mag to it to get the level up to 1400. You shouldn't have to dose elements to fresh mixed SW, if you do it definitely shouldn't be that much.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the Red Sea Coral Pro salt and didn't find I had any issues other than it took a long time to dissolve and mix properly. I switched to Tropic Marin because I found the 10.5-11 dKH alkalinity of the Coral Pro to be a tad high (Tropic Marin is absolutely amazing stuff, btw).

Three possibilities I can think of:
* It needs to be mixed longer
* Bad test reading(s); not sure what kits you use
* Bad batch of salt

You shouldn't need to "top up" any of the main elements, and if you're using Salifert, Hanna, Red Sea or Nyos test kits I'm inclined to go with a bad batch of salt.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze USA

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too many companies use covid as an excuse for all there problems.
Too many reefers blame companies who blame covid as an excuse for all of their problems.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back