CW-100 Algae Scrubber Question

bbpros2b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have issues with their lights stop working altogether. I purchased the CW-100 V2 algae scrubber and have had it installed for 2 weeks lights running 24/7 to seed the screen and looked under my cabinet today to find the lights on the scrubber off. Checked all the wiring everything was fine and definitely no way for anything to get wet. The brick on the plug for the lights has a green light on it when it’s plugged in and that is still lit up but the lights stopped working. I called BRS where I purchased it and they got me in touch with Clearwater and they said that they have been having issues with the new lights, if one burns out then they both don’t work. So unfortunately it sounds like it may be a couple weeks before I can get replacement lights sent to me. Really unhappy that I paid 800$ for an algae scrubber that already let me down in 3 weeks. I sure hope the next lights don’t burn out in 3 weeks because then it will be out of the 1 month warranty by BRS. Is this a common issue or did I just get a faulty set of lights?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back