cyano problem

jjmcat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been plagued with cyano for months and months and I cant get rid of it.I have done the 3 days with no lights but it came right back.I use RODI water with 0 tds and I run GFO and carbon witch I change on a regular basis.I also have a little over 6000 gph flow in the tank.

MarineManiac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
erythromycin. 1/4tsp per 20g. turn off skimmer. no chemical media. 3 days no light. 25% water change after one week. enjoy your new clean tank!

OP
OP
D

dustponds10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have some good news. With the help of all of you I have noticed a few changes. First I changed my resin and it went right to 0 tds. SO I topped off the tank with that water and then the next day I did a 10 gallon water change. Just over 10% total tank volume.
Before I did the water change I was also noticing a bunch of little bubbles in the tank and it wasnt from my overflow and it wasnt from my powerheads either, it was all over in the cyano and well it looked like it was coming from the cyano. I know that during a cycle you get the same bubbles that seem to come out of no where so I thought great I am experiencing a spike, Well long story short I di dthe water change and I noticed today that the air bubbles have reduced and are alot smaller. My frag rack that is in teh tank in not covered with cyano any more and the cyano that was left on rocks isnt coming back a strong as it had been. So I hope that this is the beginning to the end of the cyano. I still might go a few days with out the lights on and then do another big water change but I will see how things do for now and then decide at a later date. Thanks for all the help and I for sure am going to keep you all informed

Back