Cycle and stocking question

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
18
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long story short, my cycle is going to be done this Saturday (testless cycle after Dr Tim's readings were not changing, added a pinch of fish food last Wednesday) I am going to do a 100% water change on Saturday but don't plan to stock it till the following weekend, will I need to do a water change that day or day after I stock my tank?
 
It doesn't matter when you do it after the ten day wait. The cycle can't be starved or harmed if your stocking takes a few extra days
 
Is 100% water change not to much? I think nitrates test should inform how much water change should be done. But something about 30% sounds good
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new