Cycle question

Did you fill tank with r/o water? A new tank is going to go through different stages of algae , brown diatoms, hair algae,cynao. The tank is going to ugly at first. The algae is going to go away on its own. If your tank is cycled I would add some snails to help.
 
I got curious and tested for phosphates and sure enough 2.0ppm, I'm thinking my dry rock might be leaching them?

Many types do.

What type is it?
 
Many types do.

What type is it?
Honestly I'm not 100% sure, my lfs has a bin of dry rock I picked it out from, I know it's not pukani however, I'm now wondering if the stuff from the lfs had been used previously and just resold.

IMG_1269.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new