Cycling question?

lost02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
118
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I just move my stock and live rock from a 3 gal to a 14 gal with new sand will I get a cycle? Had two switch tanks in an emergency.
 
You should be ok. As long as the new sand is not truly "live". I would wait for at least a month before adding any additional bio load to the tank though for the tank to get established. I would also test for ammonia and nitrites and W/C as necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new