Cycling Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter N0x10c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

N0x10c

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Rock Hill
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really new to reef tanks, but it’s been quite some time since I’ve set up a tank, especially a nano one. It’s been about 5 weeks since it started cycling. I dosed ammonia during the first week and used Turbo Start with Seachem Matrix as a filter media. A few days later, all the ammonia was gone, so I dosed again, and a day later, the ammonia was gone, though the nitrite levels have yet to drop from being so high. Nitrates are high as well, even after water changes. Is my tank cycled?
 
I’m not really new to reef tanks, but it’s been quite some time since I’ve set up a tank, especially a nano one. It’s been about 5 weeks since it started cycling. I dosed ammonia during the first week and used Turbo Start with Seachem Matrix as a filter media. A few days later, all the ammonia was gone, so I dosed again, and a day later, the ammonia was gone, though the nitrite levels have yet to drop from being so high. Nitrates are high as well, even after water changes. Is my tank cycled?
Safe for fish? Certainly, within reason.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new