Cycling tank with Potential Aipt

EphraimReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you STARVE OUT Aiptasia??? New to Reefing and was not aware you need to qt even cheato(bad batch at LFS I believe )... so my cycle process is now questioned by either draining the tank dry for few weeks or just not feeding the pods i have inside with the daily phytoplankton... please help!!!!!

If this isn’t Aiptasia then please help with ID

1C6A7D98-C7BE-4C23-A310-08F57DA3270D.jpeg

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this before...
There's two kinds of tanks. Those with Aiptasia and the owner knows it, and those with Aiptasia and the owner doesn't know it.

Personally, I would just keep a bottle of Aiptasia-X on hand and take care of each one I see.

Reaper603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of aptasia eating filefish for my tank just in case if that ever happened to me but potentially more of a natural removal. I heard with irritation aptasia can spread more and seed your tank.

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of aptasia eating filefish for my tank just in case if that ever happened to me but potentially more of a natural removal. I heard with irritation aptasia can spread more and seed your tank.
I just use aiptasia x when I see them, but I also purchased a peppermint shrimp and haven’t seen any since.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had much better success with F-aiptasia from Franks tanks than I had with Aiptasia X or Joe's Juice.
I definitely agree that you should remove or treat aiptasia as soon as you see it. It can and will quickly take over particularly with excess nutrients available.

Back