Cycling tank with Potential Aipt

EphraimReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you STARVE OUT Aiptasia??? New to Reefing and was not aware you need to qt even cheato(bad batch at LFS I believe )... so my cycle process is now questioned by either draining the tank dry for few weeks or just not feeding the pods i have inside with the daily phytoplankton... please help!!!!!

If this isn’t Aiptasia then please help with ID

1C6A7D98-C7BE-4C23-A310-08F57DA3270D.jpeg

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this before...
There's two kinds of tanks. Those with Aiptasia and the owner knows it, and those with Aiptasia and the owner doesn't know it.

Personally, I would just keep a bottle of Aiptasia-X on hand and take care of each one I see.

Reaper603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of aptasia eating filefish for my tank just in case if that ever happened to me but potentially more of a natural removal. I heard with irritation aptasia can spread more and seed your tank.

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of aptasia eating filefish for my tank just in case if that ever happened to me but potentially more of a natural removal. I heard with irritation aptasia can spread more and seed your tank.
I just use aiptasia x when I see them, but I also purchased a peppermint shrimp and haven’t seen any since.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had much better success with F-aiptasia from Franks tanks than I had with Aiptasia X or Joe's Juice.
I definitely agree that you should remove or treat aiptasia as soon as you see it. It can and will quickly take over particularly with excess nutrients available.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back