M

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @ReefRusty !
Yes, it is very cool the fish they seem to be very fine, swimming together, well who loves this hobby know what I'm saying.

My only question now is the ph.... Free ammonia is 0.001 ppm, it is zero when I measure total with red sea kit. But ph in red sea kit is 8.2 and in the seneye is stable ate 7 45....which is too low right? Should I add something like Alkaline 8.3 from brightwell?

Thank you!

OP
OP
M

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only additional comment, the seneye sensor was in the sump just before the return pump and after filtration. Moved to the tank, using a cup of water of the tank in order to avoid to be dry.... The ph was the same, but the NO3 raised to 0.014, and started to drop... It is stabilizing at 0.006 ppm, what I think is still fine.. But just to register...

OP
OP
M

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding some pictures! In the first one you can see the image of the "old one", my 10 years red sea max adapted with kessil a360x... The new one still with without lights. But in the new one you can see the yellow eye eating some Nori, the pair of clowns, the yellow line is a yellow wrasse and the dotty back blue and yellow. In the other you have a zoom where you can also see the Midas blenny. The only one to be added is the purple tang. After stabilization, adding the two kessil a 360x and the corals...
Note: the ammonia is really 0.001 (nh3) in the seneye... I moved again the sensor and the values were stabilized.
IMG_20210315_154659_1.jpg

IMG_20210314_131341.jpg

OP
OP
M

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am in day 37 and finally nitrite started to drop. Today in the morning I measured between 0.2 and 0.5 ppm...
I have all the fish there I almost ready to turn on the lights.
The only concern is nh3 seneye... Since the beginning it was 0.001 ppm... Today after 15 days using the slide nh3 raised to 0.002 ppm.

Do you think this is a concern? Anyone knows the limits I should pay attention in Nh3 seneye?

One observation: yesterday when I changed 20% of water I syphoned the substrate. In the following day, nitrite is reduced and nh3 changed fro 0.001 to 0.002....

Thank you!

OP
OP
M

Magostini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for asking!
I am in the day 133. The tank is with the final number of fish:
1 blue tang
1 purple tang
1 bristletooth tang
1 yellow coris
2 clowns
1 file fish
1 midas blenny

Parameters:
Nh3 at 0.008 ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 ppm
Phosphate 0.05 ppm
Mg 1500
Ca 460
Alk 9 dkh
1026 salinity

I have a few corals but I notice some acropora are becoming white. Light is fine, I have 2 kessil a 360x at 75% generating 300 par at them...I think the problem is circulation so I have just added a vortech mp 40 (I already had a nero 5 too)

I am passing through the ugly stage...the substrate is brown...

I am wondering if I need to reduce the flow of return pump...currentlly is 60 times the size of system per hour...I am reading that 10 times is the target, but I dont know if this over flow is bad or not...

Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back