Cycling

spirodek

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
long beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! New to the aquarium game . I have a few cycling questions maybe someone can help me. I’ve been cycling my Orbit (jellyfish tank) tank for about a month. I did the shrimp method, and my ammonia spiked to 4ppm. Everything seem on track. However, testing a few times I noticed my Nitrite never spiked. I added nitrifying bacteria (dr tims) and left it alone for another week. I tested it today and I see this... (Ph could be better) My Ammonia came down a bit but, 0ppm nitrite and 10ppm nitrate. Did I miss this Nirite spike at some point ? Should I do a water change ?
786E536E-CB94-4449-A621-EF04C92DB973.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new