Cyphastrea issue! Bacterial infection?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeepSea75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2020
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Charlotte, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
549CE20F-93A8-4EAD-8984-9C6A3C059162.jpeg
I purchased 2 days ago, acclimated for 90 mins for temp and alk, dipped in Revive for 10minutes, then rinsed off and put in my coral qt. Now it looks like some tissue is dying in the middle. Should I dip in something different? Any thoughts? Is it stress?
 
549CE20F-93A8-4EAD-8984-9C6A3C059162.jpeg
I purchased 2 days ago, acclimated for 90 mins for temp and alk, dipped in Revive for 10minutes, then rinsed off and put in my coral qt. Now it looks like some tissue is dying in the middle. Should I dip in something different? Any thoughts? Is it stress?
Could be stress, are you running carbon or do you have other trays with this one?
 
I am running carbon. My LFS thinks that it my have been stung by a nearby euphilia. This morning I check it out and the ring doesn’t seem to be growing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new