D-d Jumpgaurds?

milo24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so this might be a bit of a stupid question but I can’t seem to find an answer.

Anyone know how people get their jumpgaurds so flush to the tank? Does it just sit on top of the tank loosely or is there some sort of clip that keeps them in place? Looking at people’s photos I can’t tell but they look such a perfect fit.


Again I understand this is probably a very stupid question but I’m a very stupid person.



Thanks in advance

C09403F0-6E40-4B78-AD92-12FEA4A05FC3.jpeg
 
I think it's generally about the cut, but also maybe glass thickness? I left around 5mm at the back edge of mine for cables and is still pops/locks in nicely...
 
Okay thank you! Everyone’s just seem to fit in so flush lol I’m considering getting something like these to place it on but not too sure I’ll give it ago without first...
 
Okay thank you! Everyone’s just seem to fit in so flush lol I’m considering getting something like these to place it on but not too sure I’ll give it ago without first...

6DB6B87A-DA1F-4E7C-9316-D0B5B2FEAC70.png 83FF29CC-108A-471A-ACB2-84143DB6D853.png
 
It doesn't use those sorts of clips, it has its own "lip"


Ahh okay I think I get what you mean, told you I was being stupid. I thought it was just like a solid plastic strip that people managed to balance perfectly
 
Ahh okay I think I get what you mean, told you I was being stupid. I thought it was just like a solid plastic strip that people managed to balance perfectly
No it's just a lip that drops a few millimetres inside the tank to stop it sliding around and a lip over the glass of about the same. It does need to be measured accurately. There's a few tutorials on YT
 
No it's just a lip that drops a few millimetres inside the tank to stop it sliding around and a lip over the glass of about the same. It does need to be measured accurately. There's a few tutorials on YT
Brilliant thank you, I’ll check them out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new