*d2mini's 200g Reeftastic Reef - Part Deux!*

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by d2mini, Oct 23, 2014.

1. TaylorPilot

TaylorPilot Well-Known Member

I guess a sketch would be needed to see what you mean. I think we have different ideas in our heads lol. Maybe we should start a new thread. Don't want to get his off track.

gtbarsi likes this.

2. jlugo

jlugo Member

Wow!!! that's a lot of chaeto.... From where is the new chaeto come from? Why you just take a piece of the old one and put it back in the chamber?

3. d2mini

d2mini Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

That's what I did. I tore off a chunk and put it in a separate bucket and then took the rest out.

4. d2mini

d2mini Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

5. TaylorPilot

TaylorPilot Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff there! I've always shot canon, so I have a few grand invested in L lenses. (70-200 2.8, 24-70 2.8). If I was starting out now, that Nikon 810 looks amazing. One system I didn't hear you talk about (probably cause you haven't used them yet) are the Sony Alpha mirrorless. They come in FF, and can be use both Nikon and Canon mount lenses (using an adapter). The new A7RII looks awesome. Although at $3200 body only, it better be. They also just released a 90mm macro designed for the system that is suppose to look pretty nice.

6. d2mini

Thanks!
    And yep, Sony makes a nice camera too. I didn't really want to get into specific cameras. I did mention FF and mirrorless separately.
    And then there is Fuji, another big player in mirrorless.
    And I even owned that Leica M9 in the first pic, and still own some Leica glass I can use on my Olympus. Try shooting your tank with a rangefinder. :D

TaylorPilot likes this.
  7. d2mini

Took a couple random updated pics of the fish room/science lab. :D

Here's the business side of it...

[​IMG]

The fragging and testing station...

[​IMG]

And the mangroves. I had trimmed them, they sprouted new branches and I'm going to have to trim them again. Looking for bushiness over height. They are already pretty tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

www.everydayreef.com

Tahoe61 likes this.
  8. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Cool stuff, but I'm dying to see a new FTS and pics of the main tank. Any chance...if I say "Pleeez"? :D :D :D

9. d2mini

Thought I posted these here but it was just a link to the blog post on lighting.
    It's the latest pic I have but its only a couple weeks old. :)
    http://www.everydayreef.com/blog/2015/8/12/metal-halide-t5-led-oh-my

[​IMG]

shikashane and mdbannister like this.
  10. jeremy

jeremy Well-Known Member

What light is over your mangroves?

11. d2mini

A Radion XR15w

12. Tahoe61

Tahoe61 Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

The business side is the best, very cool.

d2mini likes this.
  13. jeremy

jeremy Well-Known Member

Everything looking great.

d2mini likes this.
  14. amt68

amt68 Member

Awesome setup! What are the dimensions of your fishroom?

15. d2mini

Thanks! 7'x9'
    Looks bigger in the pics with the wide angle lens. But it's a very comfortable working space.

16. FireEMT

FireEMT Active Member

@d2mini I have a question for you. I saw your water change station and you have the same tanks that I just purchased. I was wondering how and where did you install your float valve from your RODI unit? The horizontal tank makes it a little difficult if you want it to fill up all the way from what I can tell.

17. d2mini

Yeah, the float is installed as high as I could get it on one end of the tank.
    I get a good 50+ gallons in there. :)

18. FireEMT

FireEMT Active Member

Is your float valve the adjustable arm type or is it the fixed style? I have the fixed style that came with the RODI unit and that seems like it will shut off much to soon. Thanks again for the reply

19. d2mini

20. malira

malira Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted