*d2mini's 200g Reeftastic Reef - Part Deux!*

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess a sketch would be needed to see what you mean. I think we have different ideas in our heads lol. Maybe we should start a new thread. Don't want to get his off track.

jlugo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunno what's wrong with the embedded one. The blog post should work or just go here

Wow!!! that's a lot of chaeto.... From where is the new chaeto come from? Why you just take a piece of the old one and put it back in the chamber?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! that's a lot of chaeto.... From where is the new chaeto come from? Why you just take a piece of the old one and put it back in the chamber?

That's what I did. I tore off a chunk and put it in a separate bucket and then took the rest out.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good stuff there! I've always shot canon, so I have a few grand invested in L lenses. (70-200 2.8, 24-70 2.8). If I was starting out now, that Nikon 810 looks amazing. One system I didn't hear you talk about (probably cause you haven't used them yet) are the Sony Alpha mirrorless. They come in FF, and can be use both Nikon and Canon mount lenses (using an adapter). The new A7RII looks awesome. Although at $3200 body only, it better be. They also just released a 90mm macro designed for the system that is suppose to look pretty nice.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good stuff there! I've always shot canon, so I have a few grand invested in L lenses. (70-200 2.8, 24-70 2.8). If I was starting out now, that Nikon 810 looks amazing. One system I didn't hear you talk about (probably cause you haven't used them yet) are the Sony Alpha mirrorless. They come in FF, and can be use both Nikon and Canon mount lenses (using an adapter). The new A7RII looks awesome. Although at $3200 body only, it better be. They also just released a 90mm macro designed for the system that is suppose to look pretty nice.
Thanks!
And yep, Sony makes a nice camera too. I didn't really want to get into specific cameras. I did mention FF and mirrorless separately.
And then there is Fuji, another big player in mirrorless.
And I even owned that Leica M9 in the first pic, and still own some Leica glass I can use on my Olympus. Try shooting your tank with a rangefinder. :D

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a couple random updated pics of the fish room/science lab. :D

Here's the business side of it...

i-9nwSrKT.jpg

The fragging and testing station...

i-g4dBhwq.jpg

And the mangroves. I had trimmed them, they sprouted new branches and I'm going to have to trim them again. Looking for bushiness over height. They are already pretty tall.

i-zPB6dsf.jpg

i-3LJnVzL.jpg

www.everydayreef.com

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool stuff, but I'm dying to see a new FTS and pics of the main tank. Any chance...if I say "Pleeez"? :D :D :D

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The business side is the best, very cool.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup! What are the dimensions of your fishroom?
Thanks! 7'x9'
Looks bigger in the pics with the wide angle lens. But it's a very comfortable working space.

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@d2mini I have a question for you. I saw your water change station and you have the same tanks that I just purchased. I was wondering how and where did you install your float valve from your RODI unit? The horizontal tank makes it a little difficult if you want it to fill up all the way from what I can tell.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@d2mini I have a question for you. I saw your water change station and you have the same tanks that I just purchased. I was wondering how and where did you install your float valve from your RODI unit? The horizontal tank makes it a little difficult if you want it to fill up all the way from what I can tell.

Yeah, the float is installed as high as I could get it on one end of the tank.
I get a good 50+ gallons in there. :)

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the float is installed as high as I could get it on one end of the tank.
I get a good 50+ gallons in there. :)

Is your float valve the adjustable arm type or is it the fixed style? I have the fixed style that came with the RODI unit and that seems like it will shut off much to soon. Thanks again for the reply

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back