Damaged tank

reef_dee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a brand new Red Sea 425 G2 aquarium from Saltwater Aquarium. When R&L delivered the tank this morning, there was no visible damage. Once we removed the sump we notice a huge crack by the overflow. I contacted Saltwater Aquarium and Red Sea but didn’t get a response.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does Red Sea only ship a new tank? Can we start building the stand?

2A2BED31-EEA2-4A0D-85DB-4D6311FB5322.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That I do not know. I know Red Sea has been really good with warranty claims. When you do get a replacement tank, make sure you write "damaged" on the waybill when you sign for it (that way you're covered if you find anything after the fact).

redseasteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see the aquarium didn't survive the freight company. Please direct any claim through Saltwateraquarium.com and they in turn will be responsible for contacting Red Sea.

OP
OP
R

reef_dee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see the aquarium didn't survive the freight company. Please direct any claim through Saltwateraquarium.com and they in turn will be responsible for contacting Red Sea.
Thank you Steve, Saltwater Aquarium did a great job helping me get the situation resolved.

sumtingbig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said above Saltwater Aquarium has been the best for customer service. I just returned a red sea 160 junk led light and was refunded hours after they received it. Off topic i bought red sea corral pro salt and had a massive algae breakout. Back to IO and algae is clearing up. That said i wouldn't buy anything red sea.

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, Nope, Nope! If you only knew.... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
nope,I’d rather try child birth than submit a redsea warranty claim and in the end I may even be convinced that the actual child birth was better than buying a redsea product :p
Atleast the baby’s feet don’t rust like my 10,000$ fish tank I bought twice lol

Back