Damaged Yuma

Cherish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything I can do for it? It came on the rock that it is on and it is out of direct flow. It's along the bottom of the tank but isn't shaded. I've only had it a couple of days and I'm pretty discouraged to see it in this condition. It's mouth is wide open and I can see through it. It has a small tear below the mouth that I can also see through. Is there anything that can be done or is it already too late?

Picture151.jpg

Mouth wide open with some stringy/filmy stuff coming out.

Picture154-1.jpg

Small tear.

:cry:

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet its gone in a week. Thats what mine have looked like before they melted away. It probably isn't that it got damaged - more likely it is "gutting" out.

At least that is what has happened to just about every one I have had in my tank.

OP
OP
Cherish

Cherish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet its gone in a week. Thats what mine have looked like before they melted away. It probably isn't that it got damaged - more likely it is "gutting" out.

At least that is what has happened to just about every one I have had in my tank.

Well, I have two others and they did fine. This one, however, did not; it melted last night. Hurray for it only lasting two days.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have two others and they did fine. This one, however, did not; it melted last night. Hurray for it only lasting two days.

Glad to hear the others have done alright so far.

For the life of me I can't keep yuma's for more than a few months before they melt away. Sometimes they grow, look insane, then all of the sudden meeelllllllllltttttttttttttt away for seeming no reason at all. I hear it is pretty prevelant. I stopped picking them up and watching my $ melttt with them! lol

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks, I have had many do that and not a single one survive. Yumas are finicky and I will have to say getting them acclimated the worse time for them. They can be touchy as well when it comes to changes in parameters. I have tried many different dips with 0% success, there is a new product out for Melafix that is for fish and corals that show signs of bacterial infection call Melafix Marine...I have not tried it yet. That is one of the major signs of a yuma going south. Once they do they usually don't come back....

Good luck with your other ones......

OP
OP
Cherish

Cherish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bummer part about it is that I ordered some Melafix Marine last week and it gets here today! Too late to try on the yuma!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's something to have on hand just in case, with as many yumas as I have I plan on keeping some on hand at all times.

OP
OP
Cherish

Cherish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the pics of the melting...

Picture157.jpg

Morning after I posted initially... lights weren't on yet.

Picture162.jpg

Today. =*(

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back