Damsel ID

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this damselfish from my LFS a week ago for $15 but they didn’t say what kind it was. Just curious about the species and good tank mates, I would like to have a pair of clowns and wrasse with him but I know damselfish are pretty aggressive. & Yes I know he has a case of ich. I’ve been treating it for a few days but it’s mostly gone now.
66FD3D47-0744-45DB-A1CF-0BD3F3698717.jpeg
 
I'd say it is a sub-adult Neoglyphidodon sp., probably N. crossi. They are pretty aggressive.

Jay
 
Agree with Jay -

Pomacentridae
Multi-spined Damsel

  • Neoglyphidodon polyacanthus,  Photo: Rick Stuart-Smith

    Neoglyphidodon polyacanthus,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new