Damsel in distress or should we say owner?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My whitetail damsel does this. Inside his cave is the only bare-bottomed part of the tank.
It's a uniquely damsel "thing". All my sapphire devil damsels do this; the azure didn't and the talbot, 2-stripe and domino don't do it either (for whatever reason - probably because they found a lair that didn't require excavation).

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a yellow tail damsel, added last. Very peaceful and is actually at the bottom of the pecking order in my tank. I swore off damsels decades ago after buying a beautiful but evil orange tail that would kill any fish I put in the tank. But after reading about the reputation of yellow tails and wanting a splash of blue in my tank I went with the yellowtail without any regrets.
AFF1647B-8FA6-4564-9E3C-72E61F10CDAF.jpeg
I had one of those on my humble qt for ages, and seeing this just now I realize he’s no longer in there.

I completely forgot about the little guy. I actually really liked it was like a mini tang

Anyone know how long these things live? Wondering if he just got old and passed on.

Anyway, the word way back when was that damsels would actually pick AEFWs off acros.

No idea if that’s true it I liked the idea of having one in my qt.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be happy you dodged a bullet with a yellow belly... Mine would excavate half the sand bed, wait for me to fill it in and then do it all over again as I watched.
Lol thats funny. I dont touch my sandbed, thats my engineer goby’s territory. She is particular how her sand piles are!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it should be interesting if the two of them decide to "but heads" and engage in a sand bed war! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Oh the engineer will win, shes probably 10 inches now and shes not afraid to stick her head out of her hole! She even stares down my lionfish and snatches food from her which is bold considering the lion is well a lionfish

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the engineer will win, shes probably 10 inches now and shes not afraid to stick her head out of her hole! She even stares down my lionfish and snatches food from her which is bold considering the lion is well a lionfish
Cant get a dang laughing emoji in, keeps deleting it!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where can I find true springeri?
I've tried a lot of sites but they have the picture of the "false" springeri.

From the article;

“The dark Chrysiptera is an undescribed species from the Philippines that is closely related to C. springeri“. He went on to add that he and some colleagues are in the process of describing the black and blue Chrysiptera species. So there you have it, the blue fish is the true C. springeri and the other morph is in the process of getting a name of it’s own.

Last edited:

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where can I find true springeri?
I've tried a lot of sites but they have the picture of the "false" springeri.

From the article;

“The dark Chrysiptera is an undescribed species from the Philippines that is closely related to C. springeri“. He went on to add that he and some colleagues are in the process of describing the black and blue Chrysiptera species. So there you have it, the blue fish is the true C. springeri and the other morph is in the process of getting a name of it’s own.
My LFS has them all the time. Not sure where to find em online though

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back