Damsels hosting anemones?

Reef Breeder 2013

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
265
Reaction score
99
Location
Guadalajara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I understand that Domino Damsels host anemones, but I was curious and would like to know, have you ever seen another type of Damsel hosting nems? If so, what species was it?
 
I have an anemone dominant tank, filled with several species of anemones and damsels. Domino's are the only one that I have personally seen shelter down in a nem.
 
they dont wallow in it like clowns do :fwiw...more like hover above..
 
Damsels are from the family of Clowns
Oh no...guadalajara won't do ... lol damsels are from the family of damsels, buddy
Pretty sure they just meant clowns are from the damsel family...

Anyway, interesting topic! I though only clownfish (and some species of shrimp and crabs) were hosted in nems.
 
Both damsels and clowns are from an arsehole family of fish - therefore they are closely related.
 
When you typing your responses, you should have a bunch of options above the text box to choose from:

1732309771372.png


The one with the smiley face allows you to add emotes/smilies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new