OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked up a spare DOS to automate feeding Nyos chromys, and spread it throughout the day. It’s been going for a day, and so far so good. I’m mostly worried about clogging, so I guess I’ll have a better idea after a couple days.

D8B3682F-54E6-41F5-8DFD-3CA4AC4CB425.jpeg

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all this time I finally get to see this beast of a tank ! I never dove in on our local club but just read through... I'm overly jealous I dream of garages like that ...

Serious question where in good God's name are you finding a lowboy for 100 dollars ?

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all this time I finally get to see this beast of a tank ! I never dove in on our local club but just read through... I'm overly jealous I dream of garages like that ...

Serious question where in good God's name are you finding a lowboy for 100 dollars ?

Just picked up another for $105 this week. :)

I hope to start doing the work to get it plumbed in next week. It’s going to be slow going, as I have to add the new sump, and move the current low boy first. It all has to be re-plumbed. Once that’s done I can pick up and add a third one, but that will entail much less work.

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Reefbot. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but it’s been stuck in Brussels, Belgium since Wednesday with DHL. lol, I’m getting impatient, I want it up and running!!! I hope I get it by the end of next week.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up another for $105 this week. :)

I hope to start doing the work to get it plumbed in next week. It’s going to be slow going, as I have to add the new sump, and move the current low boy first. It all has to be re-plumbed.
What type of lights are you gonna throw over it ?

I'm in a huge debate over kessil 160 and ai Prime's hd

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of lights are you gonna throw over it ?

I'm in a huge debate over kessil 160 and ai Prime's hd

Kessil AP700. I already have them for the tanks. It’s what I’m using currently on my display and current lowboy. It covers the entire lowboy...

MAREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it up. Excited to see the next evolution of the tank. I have made a lot of decisions with my tank based on this thread.

OP
OP
DangerDave

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A busy work schedule (for summer anyway), and the family summer schedule has slowed my progress with the fish room. So I decided to get some help and keep this project moving.

The wall is framed, and should be insulated and sheet rocked by Friday. Once that’s done, I can move everything out of the middle of the room and get organized. I’m hoping to have the new sump and the first new tank in within a weekend or two.

I will be either adding a duct from my current hvac, or maybe adding a ductless minisplit. I haven’t decided yet.

Planned tank additions

2 more lowboys
2 40 breeders (one for QT, two plumbed into the system for a clown harem)
3 20 gallon tanks for observation
1 20 QT (maybe)

56CD4DAA-B02F-419C-B85D-9EE891C5FE11.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back