OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could remember what kind of monti this was supposed to be.... Freebie from bc. Ever since the upgrade to the cade, every time I look at it closely it's even bigger. It was a "dead frag" on the rock when I switched tanks.
PXL_20220130_212730335.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mystic sunset ,no??...:)

When I Google mystic sunset I get a bunch of pink w/ blue polyps. I didn't think I was that color blind.

Polyps are yellow/orange. When retracted the whole thing looks green/blue instead.

PXL_20211126_003636055.jpg

Edit: this photo was Nov 25th. Heck it grew a lot since then

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I dug. Adam listed it as: "confused rainbow reverse sunset monti?" (Yes, with the question mark)

His description is pretty spot on "Confused yet colorful monti. Exactly as the name implies this one is all over the place. I bought it from Rommel as a Reverse Sunset but it's never really looked like one. The base can be blue or green and the polyps can go from green to red to orange to yellow at any time."

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good,i was trying to come up with a wild name for ya... :D
I swear it looks different the more it grows. I knew it had a ridiculous name because he calls everything ridiculous names. But reverse sunset is I guess what it *was* supposed to be. Though looking at Google for that it's not quite hitting the mark there either.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked like this when I first saw it. Link below. All I saw was the green. You know the color of money. LOL

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, should be finishing in the top 100 - waiting on home office to finalize operating costs.

Found out this afternoon we're getting an rvp visit tomorrow :rolleyes: ended up working 945 am to 10pm and headed back in at like 5am.

Land survey went well! Tomorrow we get final quote

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates:

The clowns have decided either they hate the ruby xenia or they're trying to nest in it and it's not secure enough to withstand them. I have had to pull it out of the bubble coral multiple times a day over the last week. Luckily there is no warfare between the two of them.

It has a gorg encompassing the stick underneath it that it attached to, so I can't glue it into the other rock. Today I'll try using rubble to wedge it into place I guess?? Might have to start looking for a new location in the tank :rolleyes:

An urchin dislodged the entire rock my neon green nepthea is on, I have no idea how, the whole huge thing was behind all the rest of the rockwork last night when I got home. Can't get it quite into the same place it was in. Also knocked my clam rock down but he was wide open on the bottom with no concerns, thankfully. In fact, the only reason I know it was an urchin is because It was sitting where the clam rock normally is.

Had my regional visit yesterday, my DL called at 7:45 at night to tell me that the visit went really well. Just left me hanging and stressing for over 2 hours because our regional shows no emotion and is impossible to read.

Plumber hasn't gotten back to the builders on the extra cost for all the additional water line/drain drops we want so that's what we're waiting on for the quotes still. Builder estimated about 6k extra to level the land & extra clearing.. Unfortunately all the pines on the property are long needle not short which means they're harder to pull out. Boo. We actually want to keep everything they don't *have* to pull though. So it's good that they're that type, harder to knock over in hurricane season as well lol.

Anyway, today is my day off. I worked 12hrs Monday and 11hrs Tuesday so it's well earned! I'll play with the xenia and maybe get some photos today.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates:

The clowns have decided either they hate the ruby xenia or they're trying to nest in it and it's not secure enough to withstand them. I have had to pull it out of the bubble coral multiple times a day over the last week. Luckily there is no warfare between the two of them.

It has a gorg encompassing the stick underneath it that it attached to, so I can't glue it into the other rock. Today I'll try using rubble to wedge it into place I guess?? Might have to start looking for a new location in the tank :rolleyes:

An urchin dislodged the entire rock my neon green nepthea is on, I have no idea how, the whole huge thing was behind all the rest of the rockwork last night when I got home. Can't get it quite into the same place it was in. Also knocked my clam rock down but he was wide open on the bottom with no concerns, thankfully. In fact, the only reason I know it was an urchin is because It was sitting where the clam rock normally is.

Had my regional visit yesterday, my DL called at 7:45 at night to tell me that the visit went really well. Just left me hanging and stressing for over 2 hours because our regional shows no emotion and is impossible to read.

Plumber hasn't gotten back to the builders on the extra cost for all the additional water line/drain drops we want so that's what we're waiting on for the quotes still. Builder estimated about 6k extra to level the land & extra clearing.. Unfortunately all the pines on the property are long needle not short which means they're harder to pull out. Boo. We actually want to keep everything they don't *have* to pull though. So it's good that they're that type, harder to knock over in hurricane season as well lol.

Anyway, today is my day off. I worked 12hrs Monday and 11hrs Tuesday so it's well earned! I'll play with the xenia and maybe get some photos today.
old guy sez don't stress over things you have no control over. :cool:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back