Daxter The Yellow-Spotted Scorpion

alpha199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daxter, the Yellow-spotted Scorpionfish, has been doing great in the tank. We decided to name the damselfish Jackson. It looks like my tank is starting to hit the "ugly phase." I'm noticing patches of brown algae. I will likely expand my clean-up crew as it is currently limited to 3 hermit crabs. In the center of the tank is some Caulerpa Mexicana or Mexican Fern algae. It seems to be doing great, and I think it looks excellent in the tank. That rock also came with some zoas on it. At least I think they are zoas. They're some type of polyp coral. Sorry, I don't have better pictures of him, but I don't have a great camera for reef lighting conditions. So far, he is behaving as they do in the wild in that he is never more than 2 inches away from his rock. In the wild, they spend most if not all of their lives in one coral. I have been feeding him guppies and ghosties. He's wicked fast.

dax.jpg

OP
OP
alpha199

alpha199

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time I head down to Anchorage (an hour drive from my house). I'll see if the LFS has any cerith snails. I'd really like to get my hand on some Stomatellas.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back