Day 17 fishless tank cycle. Ammonia 0, Nitrite/Nitrate to the roof.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you very much, guys.

Question: when you guys talk about a disease plan mean using a standard procedure to avoid disease? If so, I am completely new to it. Could you suggest something easy and effective? I don't have a quarantine tank but the guy at the fish store assured me that they do quarantine fish. What should I do?
Disease mitigation and management is going to be down to you and your risk threshold.

Over on the fish disease forum (the existence and busyness of should give a hint at how prevalent issues are) there is a Quarantine guide that outlines the forum recommended approach to quarantine. Some people do no quarantine, some do less, some do the same or more. With varying results.

Whether you accept your LFS quarantine is up to you, how much you trust their process, and your risk thresholds. At a MINIMUM ask them exactly what their QT process is, if it’s legit they’ll be able to talk you through it in detail.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I just tossed in that cheap tetra safe start and stuck a seachem badge on the glass. I figure I'll fish some of those stupid hermits out of the holding tank and toss them in. If they live in goes the rest of the fodder.

All I learned from this thread is I think I dodged a bullet not buying Hanna Checkers. I did however buy the fish zapper 300, a.k.a BRS titanium heater soooo...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back