DC Pump Options for Biocube 32

jafoca11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All-

I have been looking around to see what DC / controllable pump options there might be out there for a 32G Biocube. So far I have found a few, but the issue with them is that none of them appear to be compatible with the controller I want to use (Hydros). Ideally I want to control with Hydros including a mild randomization pattern.

Here is what I have found so far:

• IM MightyJet - fits the bill size and capacity wise, but does not appear to be controllable via external controller (apex or hydros)
  • Hydor Seltz DC - same as above
  • Reef Octopus VarioS - expensive and smallest one, while might fit, is over 2x the maximum flow I would want
  • Jeabo - this is where I think I might find luck, but it is hard to identify the correct pumps based on feature set across their line
Anyway - I am wondering if maybe my findings above could be incorrect, or else I am missing one or more mfg that would have an apropriately sized pump?

Thanks for any input you might have!

OP
OP
jafoca11

jafoca11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two jeabo 10 wave makers in my 33 cube and they are great. Controller has random modes and sync options. Bought two of them for under $100 on Amazon
Thanks for that info! I am definitely interested in Jeabo, but want a return pump, not a wavemaker. I already have a Nero 3 for wavemaker.

GunnarH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All-

I have been looking around to see what DC / controllable pump options there might be out there for a 32G Biocube. So far I have found a few, but the issue with them is that none of them appear to be compatible with the controller I want to use (Hydros). Ideally I want to control with Hydros including a mild randomization pattern.

Here is what I have found so far:

• IM MightyJet - fits the bill size and capacity wise, but does not appear to be controllable via external controller (apex or hydros)
  • Hydor Seltz DC - same as above
  • Reef Octopus VarioS - expensive and smallest one, while might fit, is over 2x the maximum flow I would want
  • Jeabo - this is where I think I might find luck, but it is hard to identify the correct pumps based on feature set across their line
Anyway - I am wondering if maybe my findings above could be incorrect, or else I am missing one or more mfg that would have an apropriately sized pump?

Thanks for any input you might have!
Hi, did you ever find a good match? I'm looking at the same problem. I want a DC pump that's controllable with a Hydros WaveEngine LE controller.

WilliG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, did you ever find a good match? I'm looking at the same problem. I want a DC pump that's controllable with a Hydros WaveEngine LE controller.
I put in a suggestion to CoralVue via their HYDROS site for a DC return pump for the BIOCUBE 32. The Varios2 as per the measurements will fit in the return chamber of the Biocube 32, but the output is a bit much for the Biocube32, and then the price tag is a bit much for the Biocube32. If they could make a Varios1 at about $150 that will offer between 300 - 550 gph would be great. Now to see if they do anything for us NANO reefers.

Back