Dead millepora unknown cause

  • Thread starter Thread starter Da8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Da8

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
350
Reaction score
674
Location
Spain
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.

Had to frag yesterday one of my millepora. Was slowly dying from the center to outside.
106A0668.jpg

When I bleached it I discovered this.
20191109_094839.jpg


Don't have a clue....
 
Good morning.

Had to frag yesterday one of my millepora. Was slowly dying from the center to outside.
106A0668.jpg

When I bleached it I discovered this.
20191109_094839.jpg


Don't have a clue....
I’d be interested to know as well, it looks a bit like a diferent kind of skeleton overgrowig it... there are other patches of it as well. What’s the thing about 2inches NEE from the circle on your pic?
 
I’d be interested to know as well, it looks a bit like a diferent kind of skeleton overgrowig it... there are other patches of it as well. What’s the thing about 2inches NEE from the circle on your pic?


NEE? North east?

The millepora is full of that lessions....

It's like an overgrown, but on the first picture you can see as the rtn appeared on the center of that mille (my guess was lack of flow) but after I fragged, seeing that...makes me think of maybe one more reason...

dunno..:S
 
NEE? North east?

The millepora is full of that lessions....

It's like an overgrown, but on the first picture you can see as the rtn appeared on the center of that mille (my guess was lack of flow) but after I fragged, seeing that...makes me think of maybe one more reason...

dunno..:S
Yeah North east ish there appears to be a bug or something, its white in colour
 
Don't see any bugs, but already bleached... Difficult to see any invaders (check it out as I removed from the tank)

No. It's not a sponge, but thanks for the try.

Could have been hyperplasia maybe? And you just didn’t see it because the polyps were long?


Haven't heard anything from hyperplasia.

Hace you got link to information or anything??

Thanks all!!!
 
I had a beautiful raspberry millie colony rtn real quick on me a while back. From the center.

Wishing I had inspected it better to look for this. Anyway, I too put it down to lack of flow. When feeding fish chunky food, I could see stuff getting trapped in there. Often I would blow it out... maybe not often enough.

Now my 120G has two gyres and two MP40s random crest 85%. And I frag as often as I can get to it.
 
Take for sure flow had to do with it.

Mine happened the same. Could see food and waste that got stack....
 
Ostreobium might be a responsible possibility here.
 
That is unfortunate. Is it possible that something stung it and opened the door to infection? Maybe the Euphyillia underneath?
 
Ostreobium might be a responsible possibility here.

Nver heard of that specie of algae.
Very interesting.
For sure was something that that sat on the millepora and progressed. Now it is solved with more direct flow.
Hope the other stn focus , stop.

That is unfortunate. Is it possible that something stung it and opened the door to infection? Maybe the Euphyillia underneath?


Not the euphylia. But yes...sure is something like that. It looks like an infection (vibrio or similar) but worsened by ciano and everything that remained on it plates.
it was a very big colony and the place I gave her in the new setup only favored one of it sides....You know. That stuff happens...

But I'm curious of what that protuberance can be...

Thanks all for the interest!! :D
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new