Deadly Butterfly Fish

ScoobaDiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have three new Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish in my 500 gallon tank. When I had 2 everything was fine. I added the third and they have turned on my other fish. They have killed my 12” grouper, my powder brown now has no top fins and they are attacking the 6” porcupine puffer we added today. They attack 24/7. I don’t know what to do! Has anyone experienced this or any suggestions?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have three new Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish in my 500 gallon tank. When I had 2 everything was fine. I added the third and they have turned on my other fish. They have killed my 12” grouper, my powder brown now has no top fins and they are attacking the 6” porcupine puffer we added today. They attack 24/7. I don’t know what to do! Has anyone experienced this or any suggestions?
Your best and likely only bet is removing all 3, these fish are highly territorial and can be nasty when it comes to protecting it, with 3 they’re likely trying to fight everything else for territory (Your other fish will have large territories compared to our reef fish).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Back