Debating on second tank

AdamR0331

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running a salt tank out my 20 Long but I've been wanting a redsea due to all the automation especially since I travel for work but for temporally thinking about a prostar/proclear 90 gallon temporarily until I can afford a redsea and 100% ready has had anyone had experience with prostar/proclear tanks , if I buy one I plan to get a 90 gallon for a year or Two until I get my 525 or 750 Reefer

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I ever got in the hobby is the term ‘Buy once cry one’ IMO people throw away settling for equipment they know they’re just going to replace sooner than later. Unless you absolutely need the 90 right now out of necessity snd can’t afford the Red Sea tank I think you would be better off waiting just my two cents. Best of luck!

parclife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I ever got in the hobby is the term ‘Buy once cry one’ IMO people throw away settling for equipment they know they’re just going to replace sooner than later. Unless you absolutely need the 90 right now out of necessity snd can’t afford the Red Sea tank I think you would be better off waiting just my two cents. Best of luck!
I would def agree with this. Get the one you really want, my garage is full of stop gaps and wasted money….. will sell them one day… probably

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will buying a new tank give you that you can’t put in place with your current tank?

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully agree. Why bother to setup an intermediate 90 Gallon. That you will break down in a year right when things start going right for you, to get that dream tank.

I would start buying those automation pieces you are talking about and install them on your current 20 with the mindset that they are going on your final build. That way you buy size appropriate.

So get that controller, that ato, etc that will transfer over. It will less of a money blow later on when you get the big tank because you will already have your automation stuff and you will know how to use it because you will have experience from using on the 20.

Good luck

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back