0   0   0
API TEST KIT
My Ph is at 7 8.0-8.4
ammonia between 0.50-1.0ppm
nitrite 0pmm
nitrate 5-10ppm
water changes-10-25%
calcuiam and Alkalinity test kits coming soon
im not 100% sure i've cycled correctly but my tank is well 3 months old and have a sps goniporia frag with RBT i've made the mistake to not take out the filter sock or filter sponge since put in what can i do have better water chemistry

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API TEST KIT
My Ph is at 7 8.0-8.4
ammonia between 0.50-1.0ppm
nitrite 0pmm
nitrate 5-10ppm
water changes-10-25%
calcuiam and Alkalinity test kits coming soon
im not 100% sure i've cycled correctly but my tank is well 3 months old and have a sps goniporia frag with RBT i've made the mistake to not take out the filter sock or filter sponge since put in what can i do have better water chemistry
Grab a bottle of microbactor7 and problem will sort itself out quickly. Is anything stressed out?

Also do yourself a favor and toss the API kit away. Honestly they're not very good as most would agree with me.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any indication from your aquarium that you currently don't have good water chemistry?
Or are you just asking because you took a test and panicking? Why did you take an ammonia test anyway? No need to ever check ammonia after the initial cycle, unless you suspect a dead animal or something.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any indication from your aquarium that you currently don't have good water chemistry?
Or are you just asking because you took a test and panicking? Why did you take an ammonia test anyway? No need to ever check ammonia after the initial cycle, unless you suspect a dead animal o
If I were the OP I'd just go buy a seachem ammonia alert badge and just stick it in the tank.

I always keep one in mine so every time I walk by I can take a glance and know that it's fine. A cheap investment for approximately a year.

Attachments

• 20230629_173509.jpg
    20230629_173509.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 20

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are likely fine.

However, your tank is not cycled, as in done/complete. You are processing ammonia into no2 (phase 1 of the cycle) and likely turning no2 into no3 (second phase). At three months, it is unlikely that your tank is dynamic enough to handle a large influx like it might be able to in the future. Just go slow, be smart and you will be OK.

Eventually, your tank should turn no3 into N gas (phase 3 of the cycle - the last phase). Then, your tank will get super mature and you can handle dynamic changes if you need to. Then, you are done/done and you are cycled. Until then, this is still a work in progress, but you can progress too at a smart pace.

OP
OP
bri.reffin

bri.reffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or are you just asking because you took a test and panicking? Why did you take an ammonia test anyway? No need to ever check ammonia after the initial cycle, unless you suspect a dead animal or somethi
Grab a bottle of microbactor7 and problem will sort itself out quickly. Is anything stressed out?

Also do yourself a favor and toss the API kit away. Honestly they're not very good as most would agree with me.
will do there definitely not doing the job for me other then the clownfish pacing and lps closing up for a hour today everything seems fine

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back