Deep Blue 75 conversion from Durso to Bean Animal

  • Thread starter Thread starter R33fedOut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

R33fedOut

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2020
Messages
673
Reaction score
121
Location
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20200519-085134.png
Hello all,. Recently purchased a Deep Blue 75g with center overflow. Bottom is drilled in the overflow for a Durso setup. Id like to make it a bean animal setup for sense of security and less water noise without running an external return. Back glass is NOT tempered, so is there a way I can add a bulkhead to accomplish this by drilling and adding a bulkhead in the rear glass?
 
I'm not sure how you'd go bean animal with that but a Herbie would be very simple. The 2 holes in the overflow will be main and emergency drains. The return will either come over the top or drill for hole(s) for it.
 
I'm not sure how you'd go bean animal with that but a Herbie would be very simple. The 2 holes in the overflow will be main and emergency drains. The return will either come over the top or drill for hole(s) for it.
Would I want to drill for dual returns? One on each side? And how far down the tank? Also would I want 3/4" bulkheads for the returns? Sorry all the questions, I'm a newbie on a sump system,. Been AIO until now!
 
Cut that overflow out, plug the 2 holes with scrap glass and put proper overflow box and returns. Quite easy and fast to do. You also get more room, and get rid of ugly overflow in the middle of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new