Deep Blue 75 conversion from Durso to Bean Animal

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20200519-085134.png
Hello all,. Recently purchased a Deep Blue 75g with center overflow. Bottom is drilled in the overflow for a Durso setup. Id like to make it a bean animal setup for sense of security and less water noise without running an external return. Back glass is NOT tempered, so is there a way I can add a bulkhead to accomplish this by drilling and adding a bulkhead in the rear glass?

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how you'd go bean animal with that but a Herbie would be very simple. The 2 holes in the overflow will be main and emergency drains. The return will either come over the top or drill for hole(s) for it.

OP
OP
R33fedOut

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how you'd go bean animal with that but a Herbie would be very simple. The 2 holes in the overflow will be main and emergency drains. The return will either come over the top or drill for hole(s) for it.
Would I want to drill for dual returns? One on each side? And how far down the tank? Also would I want 3/4" bulkheads for the returns? Sorry all the questions, I'm a newbie on a sump system,. Been AIO until now!

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut that overflow out, plug the 2 holes with scrap glass and put proper overflow box and returns. Quite easy and fast to do. You also get more room, and get rid of ugly overflow in the middle of the tank.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back