0   0   0
tempImageM7nlFt.jpg

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big News!!!! I added a Clarisea SK-3000 to my reefer 525. I removed the 4 sock holders and the associated baffles (this was a pain in butt) and installed the Clarisea. This is an amazing update and so easy and the water is so so clean.

Do you have any photos? I will be doing mine this weekend!

You used soft tubing instead?

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in other news... I stopped NOPOX and I am working on getting my NO3 up to .5 to 1.0 ppm and hopefully maintaining Redfield ratio. Initially, after stopping NOPOX, I got a minor amount outbreak of cyano but as I started dosing NEONITRO, the cyano has slowly died off. NO3 is holding at .3 and I am dosing 5ml NEONITRO. Everything in the tank is loving the change. Great polyp extension.

Current Numbers:

Temp - 77-78 (Average)
PH - 8.2
CAL - 431
ALK - 8.0 (7.76 to 8.1 throughout the day via Trident and DOS)
MAG - 1325
PO4 - .02 (Running GFO)
NO3 - .3

Oh and I stopped GAC as well.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any photos? I will be doing mine this weekend!

You used soft tubing instead?
My piping was updated over a year ago to US standard from BRS. My overflow is 1". Right after the 1" gate valve, I added a 45 degree elbow, then a 1" union, and then a 1" barb fitting.

On the Clarisea side, I added small length of 1" pipe, 1" 90 degree elbow, and a 1" barb. Between the two barbs, I used a 4-5 inch section of 1" clear tubing. I did this vice hard plumbing the whole thing because you might want to adjust the Clearisea height (water depth) which I have change 3 times already - LOL

Aquaristexhibit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piping was updated over a year ago to US standard from BRS. My overflow is 1". Right after the 1" gate valve, I added a 45 degree elbow, then a 1" union, and then a 1" barb fitting.

On the Clarisea side, I added small length of 1" pipe, 1" 90 degree elbow, and a 1" barb. Between the two barbs, I used a 4-5 inch section of 1" clear tubing. I did this vice hard plumbing the whole thing because you might want to adjust the Clearisea height (water depth) which I have change 3 times already - LOL
So what height of adjustment to height of the clarisea in the water did you end up with... I’m doing a very similar setup, however, I’m hoping to reap the benefit of having someone who has already done the height adjustments..

photos would be great too!

Attachments

• 7AACB145-D477-4D1A-BD25-D8CD90C04A42.jpeg
    7AACB145-D477-4D1A-BD25-D8CD90C04A42.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven‘t been on here for a few week…. Good news.. Finally recovered from trying to play reef GOD and messing with my red field ratio. I went back to my original setup and it’s taken 2-3 months to recovery. SPS all growing again. But sadly lost three corals.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OceanDiver good afternoon. I want to add a manifold to my return line so I can get rid of the two extra pumps in my sump. I was wondering if you can help me out? What is the outside diameter of the redsea piping? I see you did some work on yours. Also, how did you do the hanging reactors? I found the make and model but where do you get the fittings to connect them with PVC?

Last edited:

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven‘t been on here for a few week…. Good news.. Finally recovered from trying to play reef GOD and messing with my red field ratio. I went back to my original setup and it’s taken 2-3 months to recovery. SPS all growing again. But sadly lost three corals.

Also, what fittings are you using to hang the Aquamax? To allow it to hook up to PVC

Back