OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rented a par meter and readjusted my radions. Bumped my intensity to 70. Now my par is around 350 across the middle of my little reef.

also started dosing neonitro.

PO4 is .03
NO3 is 2.5

Both have been 0 for mouths but I noticed my acros losing color. To earlier to tell, but definitely getting more polyp extension

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your build thread, thanks for the updates and information. I purchased an XL525 and still in the building stages. I'm trying to gain as much knowledge as possible before the tank goes live. Unfortunately, after the wife agreed to the tank she decided it was time to remodel the house, so I'm stuck with an empty tank on a stand and waiting for the floors and remodel. She is far too strategic for me, I seem to lose every argument.

I've been considering going heavy on the Neptune systems but have read many negative reviews. It's difficult to separate the valid negative comments from those who do not maintain their equipment with regular calibration and cleaning. How has your experience been with the Neptune systems other than the EB8 that failed? I would like to use DOS pumps for ATO & AWC's.

Beautiful tank and thanks again for the updates. Your efforts are keeping my hopes up to one day have a beautiful reef system.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making progress with NO3 and PO4. Dosing 18ml of Neonitro.

NO3 holding at 2.5-3.0ppm

and

PO4 holding at at .04ppm

Running a little GFO trying to get the PO4 down to .03-.02

Both NO3 and PO4 were both at zero a month ago and the acros were losing color. Everything is rebounding and finally getting polyp extension during the day. Granted not have my angels any more helps.

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have the Neptune systems been for reliability? I've been reading as many reviews as possible as it's a sizable investment. I've read a number of people who were having problems with they're systems failing; connection or equipment. I plan on using the ATK directly from my RODI reservoir and remove the ATO tank that came with the sump and a DoS pump for AWC's. The Apex and additional components will be added in time.

I'm just debating on mixing systems like the Tunze and Neptune or going with just Neptune. I trust the advice of fellow sailors and appreciate the info.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have the Neptune systems been for reliability? I've been reading as many reviews as possible as it's a sizable investment. I've read a number of people who were having problems with they're systems failing; connection or equipment. I plan on using the ATK directly from my RODI reservoir and remove the ATO tank that came with the sump and a DoS pump for AWC's. The Apex and additional components will be added in time.

I'm just debating on mixing systems like the Tunze and Neptune or going with just Neptune. I trust the advice of fellow sailors and appreciate the info.

I have had absolutely no issues and any concerns I had were easily answer here on reef2reef or Neptune's forum. Also, the customer is great as well.

I am Navy Diver and gone alot. So automation is key for me. I can almost go 20 days without my wife having to anything related to the tank other than cleaning the glass and filter socks from time to time. Although I switched to polyfill which is awesome and cheap.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am starting to recover from PAR and light intensity issues. I have no idea why I blindly listened to the local fish store before checking here on REEF2REEF. Sadly I lost a few frags but the larger SPS are good as is the rest of the tank. Random, I lost one of my yellow stripe clowns (the male). That I haven't been able to explain. As all the other fish are good healthy and fat.

Tank is stable (todays readings)

Temp: 78F
Salt: 34.8
PH: 8.02
ALK: 8.1
CA: 418
MG: 1340
NO3: 5
PO4: .01

Few pictures in a bit. Gotta do a conference call first.

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated Picture

78A23665-5A16-40C5-9A8D-63B0F3B6F631_1_201_a.jpeg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is really bad, when I came down stairs this morning you could feel the moisture in the air, checked humidity, it was 73% ;Facepalm I have 4 tanks, fortunately they are all small but I need to get a dehumidifier asap..

BTW.. thank you for your service!

F9B62EB4-4FA4-46ED-B228-8C4607CF3C40.jpeg

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank and excellent build! I wanted to ask you about your cheato in the sump, is there a add on divider you are using? I see suction cups and wanted to see if that is what it was. I want to divide one of my sump compartments to add cheato after the socks and before the skimmer. I dread glueing in an acrylic wall...Thanks in advance!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back