DeepBlue - Reefer 525 XL Build

Candace Summers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally have my ALK and PO4 completely stable.
pH still an issue. Not chasing numbers just wish it was higher

i am starting to think my probe is off but this is my second one and still getting the same results around 7.96. Although all my manual tests says 8.2
My manual test (Red Sea) is also always higher than my Apex

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind giving more details on this, I'd love to hear it! I'm still reading low. Higher than it used to be, but still lower than manual tests.
Tech support at Neptune told me to run the ph calibration via apex local vice using apex fusion. Basically you are logging onto the apex directly via it’s IP address on a computer

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 60gal cube reef bottom glass broke six month ago…
It was tragic situation but luckily, USAA was awesome and took care of us….

We have USAA as well (my father was in the Navy). Glad to hear that they took care of you with your old tank!

Is two MP40s enough for flow?

We have two MP40s in our new 6' Waterbox. It seems to be enough flow for now. I may change my mind after we start adding SPS to our tank. How's it working for you?

So I got tired of the cloudy water from NOPOX and bacteria blooms...
went to my local saltwater shop and bought a green killing machine UV light. It’s 24w.
its been 5 hours and my tank is finally crystal clear. Amazin. I have never used a UV. But I am amazed. I know it’s not top of line but for $70 job well done

Which UV did you end up getting? How are you liking it?

updated my plumbing again... finally down
234B50C2-5D54-4C44-ABF6-5587BCDBA303.jpeg

That plumbing looks awesome! Was it a pain in the butt to do since you already had the tank set up?

Getting ready for a big acro order. Frags or macro culture?

I vote both! What did you end up getting?? :)

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have USAA as well (my father was in the Navy). Glad to hear that they took care of you with your old tank!

USAA is great!!

We have two MP40s in our new 6' Waterbox. It seems to be enough flow for now. I may change my mind after we start adding SPS to our tank. How's it working for you?

I think two MP40s is plenty. I can only run them at 60% or less or my tank turns into sand soup lol. That said my tank is a foot shorter than yours if i am not mistaken.

Which UV did you end up getting? How are you liking it?

green killing machine. Works like a champ and is cheap. Granted it isn’t going to stop “ich” but does stop algea bloom which is what I needed.

That plumbing looks awesome! Was it a pain in the *** to do since you already had the tank set up?

nah. Plumbing is easy. Measure twice cut once...

I vote both! What did you end up getting?? :)

I have 5 acro frags. Good polyp extension at night. Good color. But Growth has been slow. Although it has only been a month. Plus I look at the tank daily. I started doing monthly pics to compare as I move forward..

OP
OP
OceanDiver

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in Austin for work and of course my EB832 dies on Wednesday night. The temp alarm goes around midnught and I don’t figure out until I wake up Thursday morning at 0600. Thankfully I have Awesome neighbors and they put two 150watt heaters in the tank which stopped the temp from falling and it leveled off at 70. United took care of me and I was able to fly home that morning, I ordered a new EB832 from BRS but amazingly CAPTIOL Aquarium near me had one and I was able to get everything back up and running by 1800 Thursday night. So 18 hours at 70. I am shocked I was able to fix this so fast.

Corals and invert are all ok.

Sadly I last a flame angel and diamond goby. It could have been a lot worse!!!

But the tank is happy again. And Neptune is going to look at my EB832, hopefully figure out what happened, and fix it.

I also reprogrammed my Apex so both heaters are not on the EB832. Does anyone know how to program the Apex to sound an alarm if the EB83 dies again, I don’t want to wait till the temp alarm goes off.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back