Im really really liking these 2
5187998317_3419b781a5_z.jpg

5133540858_a67b150c49_z.jpg

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. Here are a couple of crappy pictures of my Dustin's. I just can't capture how nice it really is. Hard to the size of my colony by the photo, but it's about 6"x4".
5188855308_27cb064958_z.jpg

top-down
5188303233_57074b60fa_z.jpg

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking stuff!

Your dustins has a similar but very different growth pattern than my buddies. How long have you had yours and where did you acquire it?

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking stuff!

Your dustins has a similar but very different growth pattern than my buddies. How long have you had yours and where did you acquire it?

Thanks man. It does look like a different growth pattern that what we're used to seeing. Just until recently, it had mostly smooth coralite branches. I think it's really loading up right now to start forming some branches off the main stalks of the colony.
I got my frag from a local fish store right when they were introduced into the hobby. So, I guess that it's been about 2 years now? Can't quite remember.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. It does look like a different growth pattern that what we're used to seeing. Just until recently, it had mostly smooth coralite branches. I think it's really loading up right now to start forming some branches off the main stalks of the colony.
I got my frag from a local fish store right when they were introduced into the hobby. So, I guess that it's been about 2 years now? Can't quite remember.

thats awesome, the tips look like all the pictures i've seen, i guess i've just never really seen a larger colony, it seems a LOT of people lost this coral after getting it. I've never even seen another healthy piece let a lone a colony online, matter a fact haha.

Minh's Unknown..
DSC_0004-2.jpg

lookin' good D2, sweet blue polyps!

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doenst look like those pictures went through, Daniel.

I took some pitures of some of my other pieces last night, like my 20k and 30k frags... i'll get them off my camera tonight.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've got a similar one I picked up at a swap in OH. Strange long branches with blue polyps on the tips, vaguely tricolor coloration. Mine looks kind of like A. multiacuta.

this looks identical to the piece i posted in the first page....hmmm wander if it's the same....

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did ORA lose their stock? I haven't seen it offered anywhere for quite a while...

I've been wondering the same thing, I would assume they did since uts been so long since the last release or it's just such a slow grower that it's taken years to produce more frags?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back