Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CRTT-1500.jpg
CR-TWIN-TECH-3000-3.jpg
CR-TWIN-TECH-10000-WEB-2.jpg
The fully automated CRTT Series is one of the first calcium reactors to include a gas chamber, which is separate from the media chamber itself. This gas chamber allows the water to be fully saturated with CO2, thereby achieving a pH of 5.8-6.0. These units come with an easy adjustable controller, which has an audible safety alarm for when the CO2 is running low. Additionally, all CRTT Series come with a water feed pump, CO2 solenoid and dosing is fully controlled so that the only items necessary are a CO2 tank, dual stage regulator and media.

Deltec offers three versions in the CRTT line for various aquarium sizes. The CRTT 1500 is the perfect unit for those who have aquariums up to 400 gallons. Moving up to the CRTT 3000, this unit supports up to 800 gallons! The biggest of the three reactors made by Deltec is the CRTT 10000. This beast handles up to 2600 gallons, which is why it is known as the “Mother of all Calcium Reactors.”

Have a question about the Deltec CRTT Calcium Reactors? Let us know below!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really is a great piece of kit and fully automated, I have the 1500 version in my 530g tank (the 1500 has plenty of capacity to handle this size tank and I think it’s probably under rated) and combined with rowalith W media, it keeps parameters rock solid and all in line.

I test alkalinity weekly but calcium and magnesium only occasionally because they never really change. As the media dissolves it releases the foundation elements in the correct ratio.

Its not cheap but the build quality is superb

alshayazoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at the 1500 for my Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650. The CRTT looks like a very nice piece of kit

My questions:

1) Do you think this reactor is too much for my about 150 gallon water volume?

2) I’ve seen a video of one of the your competitors automatic calcium reactors that comes with a peristaltic pump and the pump was extremely loud when it kicked on. How loud are the pumps on the CRTT?

3) With the low PH that this reactor runs at, what media do you recommend using that won’t turn to sludge?

Thank you!

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Deltec USA
1. What does the customer still need to purchase to get the reactor up and running (besides cylinder)
2. Which reactor would you recommend for around 400 gallons? Would the 1500 handle a heavily stocked SPS tank that size or would I need to go up a size?

thanks,
Bigkid4788

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deltec USA
1. What does the customer still need to purchase to get the reactor up and running (besides cylinder)
2. Which reactor would you recommend for around 400 gallons? Would the 1500 handle a heavily stocked SPS tank that size or would I need to go up a size?

thanks,
Bigkid4788
1. Besides the CO2 cylinder you will need a dual stage CO2 pressure regulator (we recommend Tunze),Calcite Media, and depending on the location of your reactor you may need extra airline tubing.

2. Our recommendation would definitely be the CRTT1500. The 1500 will be more than efficient for your system.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at the 1500 for my Red Sea Reefer Peninsula 650. The CRTT looks like a very nice piece of kit

My questions:

1) Do you think this reactor is too much for my about 150 gallon water volume?

2) I’ve seen a video of one of the your competitors automatic calcium reactors that comes with a peristaltic pump and the pump was extremely loud when it kicked on. How loud are the pumps on the CRTT?

3) With the low PH that this reactor runs at, what media do you recommend using that won’t turn to sludge?

Thank you!
1. The CRTT1500 will certainly work for your system. You will need to lower the effluent drip rate as well as test your calcium and alkalinity levels weekly to make the appropriate adjustments.
2. The CRTT has two pumps, the feed pump and the Re circulation pump, both of which are comparatively quiet.
3. We highly recommend using Rowalith w 9-15mm media. Another great media is the Pro Cal media by Dastaco.

Thank you for your questions! Let us know if there is anything else we an help you with.

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you recommend a second reactor for raising the ph on the effluent
I have the 3000 just started but notice today Ph is lower then before and i use to have a second reactor for the effluent in the old calcium reactor but dident put it online on the deltic yet want input from you

OP
OP
Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No a second reactor usually is not necessary. When is the Ph lower (Day/Night)? Are you monitoring with an Apex? How long has your reactor been running? What is your water flow/24h set at on the CRTT controller? Is the effluent from the reactor near a protein skimmer?
@Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks i have it right now to 70 liters might set up little more as its just running a couple of days
apex do i monitor Ph and normal never under 8,0 and late day 8,2-8,3 now its 7,8X in morning before light hits and 8,1 day
the effluent is in return chamber so after skimmer
As we have the degassed reactor on hand its no problem to hook it up just wanted to make sure its not going to mess with the set up/controller @Deltec USA

jjfish717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deltec USA
Current setup is a 550 gal heavy sps tank (750 gallon total system). In a couple years, I plan to upgrade to a 1500 gal tank (2000 gallon system). Want to make sure the reactor I get is able to handle both current and the future tank.

Is the CRTT 10000 overkill for my current system? Any concerns with getting an 'oversized' reactor?

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Deltec USA, Deltec Team, will the CRTT3000 work for a 150 gallon? Is there a minimum flow? As I progress through the hobby so will be the tank sizes. Looking for long term purchase. Thanks!
I've got the 1500 and think it'll be the right size for your tank. They rate it for 400 gallons, but honestly it can probably do even more than that. The 3000 would be too gigantic unless you're planning on getting something over 500 gallons.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: why does my reactor keep alarming no CO2 when it has a fresh tank? I reset it, seems to run fine, the feed pumps works, but, after a few hours, it is shut down again and alarming.

Answer: the one way valve on the feed pump has failed. The feed pump seems to work... but... on the off cycle all the water siphons back down into the sump. Eventually, enough gas gets into the circulation pump and it fails, then... gas from the gas chamber gets into the main reactor and out of the gas chamber - any new gas goes into the main body failing to raise the float valve, the timer runs out - and the machine shuts down - alarming "no CO2".

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back