OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Taiwan, unknown Coral. Supposedly it has a rigid calcium body and small polyps. If you magnified picture to me it looks like it Carnation Coral. But a soft Coral doesn't look that way when you take it out of the water

Screenshot_2020-02-25-12-00-44.png Screenshot_2020-02-25-12-05-20.png

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning got email from new wholesaler, that I have account with them. And LiveAquaria has lollipop tunicates

download (1).jpeg
That is nice! How much is something like that?

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got through this thread. All I can say is wow!!!

I really encourage you to keep going!

I have a 190 with 400G total water volume. I’ve switched from SPS to softies and gorgonians. This thread has me stoked on dabbling with NPS.

I’m going to stick a gyre pump on the center back wall, and am in the process of sitting up a feeder - wine bottle cooler using a dosing pump to feed a cave area at the bottom of the tank.

Right now I’m dosing by hand.

About the only comment that I’ll make. Is that personally, I wouldn’t encourage anyone to use Phytofeast.

I used to use Reed PhytoFeast to culture copepods 8-10 years ago. Then Reed moved their facilities. When they did this, there was some change in their culture methods and their PhytoFeast would not keep copepods alive.

I guess my point is that I don’t want to put something dead into my tank that my microfauna won’t eat. I’m afraid that over time the nutrients will build up and cause problems.

I’m trying to figure out the whole feeding thing out. I prefer to use live food whenever possible - live phytoplankton, rotifers, newly hatched brine shrimp, copepods, etc.

I am using reefroids and some similar products, but trying to use sparingly. I’m looking into reef snow along with some frozen products.

Anyway , this is what I love about this hobby - always something to learn.

Carry on Dr!!!!

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got through this thread. All I can say is wow!!!

I really encourage you to keep going!

I have a 190 with 400G total water volume. I’ve switched from SPS to softies and gorgonians. This thread has me stoked on dabbling with NPS.

I’m going to stick a gyre pump on the center back wall, and am in the process of sitting up a feeder - wine bottle cooler using a dosing pump to feed a cave area at the bottom of the tank.

Right now I’m dosing by hand.

About the only comment that I’ll make. Is that personally, I wouldn’t encourage anyone to use Phytofeast.

I used to use Reed PhytoFeast to culture copepods 8-10 years ago. Then Reed moved their facilities. When they did this, there was some change in their culture methods and their PhytoFeast would not keep copepods alive.

I guess my point is that I don’t want to put something dead into my tank that my microfauna won’t eat. I’m afraid that over time the nutrients will build up and cause problems.

I’m trying to figure out the whole feeding thing out. I prefer to use live food whenever possible - live phytoplankton, rotifers, newly hatched brine shrimp, copepods, etc.

I am using reefroids and some similar products, but trying to use sparingly. I’m looking into reef snow along with some frozen products.

Anyway , this is what I love about this hobby - always something to learn.

Carry on Dr!!!!
unfortunately to me because of cost and time involved with live food, I'm trying powder types like Reef roids, spirulina, powder egg. And see what happens good,

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 30.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back