OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's one of four, in about an hour I'm picking up 3 other corals from Indonesia

20200301_142546.jpg

el aguila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately to me because of cost and time involved with live food, I'm trying powder types like Reef roids, spirulina, powder egg. And see what happens good,
I totally understand!!

I used to culture phyto, but don’t have time for it. I’m pretty pleased with the AlgaeBarn phytoplankton. Not real thick, but it seems to be good stuff.

I do have someone local who does phytoplankton (nano) at a decent price that I’m using to culture Tisbes. Probably not going to do them all the time, but the way that I’m doing it they are pretty easy.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand!!

I used to culture phyto, but don’t have time for it. I’m pretty pleased with the AlgaeBarn phytoplankton. Not real thick, but it seems to be good stuff.

I do have someone local who does phytoplankton (nano) at a decent price that I’m using to culture Tisbes. Probably not going to do them all the time, but the way that I’m doing it they are pretty easy.
get the flow in your tank, right and they will live longer. Every tank is different, so you will have to tweak , till it's right

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was a question that needed to be answered. The question was if Carnation corals from Indonesia, would react the same like Tonga, Vietnam,. In other words the carnationcorals I've had from Tonga, Vietnam, which open and look like they're thriving in my tank, but because of the coral bans in Indonesia didn't know how the carnationcorals from there would react. And now we know, they may be program similar, to open up and look like they're thriving in the environment I provided for them. now it's a wait and see game. See how long they live.

received_643024326267916.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a secret, I now spill the beans, mention 99% of my secrets, why? It makes no sense to one day sell these and only to die a slow death. Here it goes. In the last 3 days or 4, started to feed powder whole egg, feeding in a fish feeder, results are promising. If anyone tries this,use organic whole egg powder. The one product I use has silicoaluminate, no harm yet to corals. Time will tell. One more secret I'm offering.

I modified mine to feed once every 45minutes.

aafbfb1d-2b93-4dd9-84f9-c83f1d25ee48_1.c812decb93074e94246d5cd781c55483.jpeg shopping.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonga carnations at AquaSD
Never seen so cheap

Screenshot_2020-03-04-02-08-00.png Screenshot_2020-03-04-02-07-53.png

You probably will want to give the below link a read. It is a bit disconcerting.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably will want to give the below link a read. It is a bit disconcerting.

Recently I had a credit card debit replace because money's were being removed from my account and the bank got my money back. I wonder

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the purple with white have sclerites near the tips? If so, it's probably Chromonephthya. Good find if so. The yellow/gold one appears to be stereonephthya, but I'd have to get a closer look at the stems to be 100% sure.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back