Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dendra week 3. Still looks happy. Took advantage of her being fully open to feed some Marine Snow and Reef Roids.

image0.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell everyone, I can't get mine to go up wright. Easier for me vertical or upside down.
Here's s decent shot for reference. Hard to get a good angle on the tape measure and the power head kept moving it around. She's about 7 inches tall.

image0.jpeg
I tell everyone, I can't get mine to go up wright. Easier for me vertical or upside down.

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I grabbed one last Sunday

I took a look.

Out of curiosity, not that I know what I'm talking about or anything, but are the trunks supposed to look all wrinkled? Is that a certain trait of a particular type of Dendronephthya or is that just a bad sign that things aren't going good?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a look.

Out of curiosity, not that I know what I'm talking about or anything, but are the trunks supposed to look all wrinkled? Is that a certain trait of a particular type of Dendronephthya or is that just a bad sign that things aren't going good?
Stress out, I think. When in a tank for 1 month or longer, trunk/stalk always plump. What I've noticed

IMG_20191216_160914_716.jpg

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a look.

When they are retracted partially they will look wrinkled too.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 113 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%

Back