Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Dendra week 3. Still looks happy. Took advantage of her being fully open to feed some Marine Snow and Reef Roids.

image0.jpeg
 
Here's s decent shot for reference. Hard to get a good angle on the tape measure and the power head kept moving it around. She's about 7 inches tall.

image0.jpeg
I just noticed tape measure. ....haha
 
I tell everyone, I can't get mine to go up wright. Easier for me vertical or upside down.
Here's s decent shot for reference. Hard to get a good angle on the tape measure and the power head kept moving it around. She's about 7 inches tall.

image0.jpeg
I tell everyone, I can't get mine to go up wright. Easier for me vertical or upside down.
 
I just noticed tape measure. ....haha

Hind sight I should have just turned off the power head. I was afraid I'd smack her with the tape measure. But I wanted some reference to judge if she's shrinking from malnutrition.
 
Last pic for tonight. Just finished setting up the mini fridge. Using an airline for agitation. drilled 2 holes in the top for air line in to hard tube and out to dosing pump.

image0.jpeg
Nice set up
 
Thanks, I grabbed one last Sunday

I took a look.

Out of curiosity, not that I know what I'm talking about or anything, but are the trunks supposed to look all wrinkled? Is that a certain trait of a particular type of Dendronephthya or is that just a bad sign that things aren't going good?
 
I took a look.

Out of curiosity, not that I know what I'm talking about or anything, but are the trunks supposed to look all wrinkled? Is that a certain trait of a particular type of Dendronephthya or is that just a bad sign that things aren't going good?
Stress out, I think. When in a tank for 1 month or longer, trunk/stalk always plump. What I've noticed

IMG_20191216_160914_716.jpg
 
Stress out, I think. When in a tank for 1 month or longer, trunk/stalk always plump. What I've noticed

IMG_20191216_160914_716.jpg

That pic actually looks fine. The one on their website is a lot more wrinkled. It looks like it's melting.

Capture.PNG
 
That pic actually looks fine. The one on their website is a lot more wrinkled. It looks like it's melting.

Capture.PNG
It's probably stressed out , big time. Especially the polyps not open
 
I took a look.

Out of curiosity, not that I know what I'm talking about or anything, but are the trunks supposed to look all wrinkled? Is that a certain trait of a particular type of Dendronephthya or is that just a bad sign that things aren't going good?


When they are retracted partially they will look wrinkled too.
 
I would buy that as it just looks sulky to me.

I had to read your post twice as, the first time I read it, I thought you said, "Sultry." ;)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new